Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Financial Reporting Accountant for our Roanoke, VA office. This position performs intermediate to complex reporting and analysis under minimal direction. Responsible for the statutory financial reporting process and preparation of financial statements, as well as monthly and annual reporting packages developed for management’s internal review.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Process intermediate to complex accounting transactions in the general ledger system.
- Collect and analyze data from outside of the Finance department.
- Collect and analyze data from third party administrators.
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly balance sheets, the summary of operations, and supplemental analytical reporting as requested.
- Responsible for the coordination and preparation of the Statutory Annual Statement (Blue Book) and the Audited Financial Statements. Coordinates and assists in the preparation of the Notes to the Financial Statements and the NAIC Management Discussion and Analysis.
- Responsible for the preparation of additional financial compliance reports (i.e. Quarterly Statements, reporting required by individual states, and the Market Conduct Annual Statements, etc.).
- Performs intermediate to advanced research to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards. Assists in determining appropriate accounting policy for the Company as related to the introduction of new products and/or investments.
- Supports information needs of external auditors, internal auditors, and state examiners in an effective and timely manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in accounting or finance. CPA required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret accounting guidance, including the Statements on Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) Accounting Standards Codification (ASC). Ability to effectively respond to management inquiries in both a verbal and written format.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. Must be able to quickly learn additional software packages, such as the EAS General Ledger software, Annual/Quarterly Statement software, and the SAGE Fixed Assets software.
- Candidate must be able to operate in an efficient and effective manner to address all outlined duties and responsibilities (per above).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HRJob # 1107-18