Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Director of GAAP Actuary for our Roanoke, VA office. Direct and provide actuarial and technical support for development and management of GAAP valuation and financial reporting systems. Direct and provide actuarial and technical support for monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for all aspects of Actuarial work related to development, ongoing reporting, governance and documentation of audited GAAP financials at Prosperity
- Responsible for all aspects of Actuarial work related to development, ongoing reporting, governance and documentation of audited PGAAP financials at Prosperity
- Prepare US GAAP actuarial disclosures
- Ensure consistency of assumptions and methodologies for the Company’s financial close process
- Develop, implement, maintain and enhance ArcVal valuation system needed to support GAAP financial reporting.
- Establish and maintain SOX like controls over valuation systems, processes and databases to ensure that company results comply with GAAP reporting requirements.
- Maintain detailed documentation for all key assumptions underlying the development of GAAP Financials
- Support external auditor’s review processes and procedures for GAAP Financial reporting
- Maintain a current knowledge of all regulatory requirements for GAAP reporting
- Monitor regulatory environment and recommend, develop and implement GAAP financial reporting changes as necessary.
- Work with actuarial modeling team in the development of GAAP financial projection model.
- Provide support to modeling of new business opportunities, and lead integration of new deals into the established GAAP reporting proces
- Provide actuarial expertise in the interpretation and understanding of GAAP financials.
- Provide support for company acquisitions
- Provide other actuarial expertise as needed or requested by the SVP, Chief Actuary and Chief Risk Officer.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent education and experience required.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a professional actuarial role and obtained FSA designation.
- At least 7 years of GAAP reporting experience with DA, FIAs, UL, Term, Whole Life, Med Supp, Supplemental Health, including knowledge of the closed block financial reporting, PGAAP, FAS 60, FAS 91, FAS 97 and FAS 120 accounting models.
- Significant in-depth knowledge of ArcVal valuation system
- Prior experience with end-to-end development of PGAAP Financials, including preparation of all the relevant documentation for management / external audit governance
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management and effectively interface with external auditor actuarial resources and other consultants (such as from ArcVal) in respect to GAAP topics. Ability to explain complex actuarial concepts and results in a coherent manner.
- Strong spreadsheet and technical skills (i.e. programming/coding)
- Proven ability to manage concurrent deadlines and multiple priorities in a changing work environment is essential
- Proven ability to coach and develop team members, collaborate and influence others to get things done, even without formal authority, strong character, work ethic and competence.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job # 0413-18