Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Contact Center Specialist I for our Roanoke, VA office. This position serves as the customer service and administrative point of contact for agents, policyholders, co-workers and other departments in matters pertainining to Policyholder Services and Claims for the life insurance line of business. Communicates via telephone, e-mail, fax and written correspondence to provide status and/or information regarding inforce policies and products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Deliver outstanding customer service by efficiently and effectively responding to customer inquires within stated service levels.
- Serve as customer contact in all current individual products offered for sale for all member companies.
- Research and respond to customer inquiries and requests utilizing multiple processes and administrative computer systems. Identify problem situations, major issues, and appropriate sources of information to effectively provide resolutions to customer problems or concerns.
- Represent the company in a positive, customer friendly, professional manner and provide timely follow-up regarding inquiries from policyholders, co-workers and agents.
- Document all inquiries from customers and advise appropriate department when corrective or additional action is required. Document within the appropriate computer system and/or send appropriate form or information requested by customers.
- Interpret and apply concepts based on company policies and procedures.
- Proactively stay abreast of and learns new procedures, tools, products and services.
- Participate in a fast paced team environment that handles incoming calls.
- Create work requests for our processing partners as needed.
- Work in a collaborative team environment to handle large call volumes.
- Able to adhere to call center guidelines and measurements.
- Handle 60+ calls per day on a regular basis without continual assistance from peers or management.
- As assigned, monitors Contact Center e-mail and voicemail boxes, retrieving messages as scheduled. Works with manager to ensure messages are returned promptly.
- Meet individual productivity goals and contributes to department and team goals.
- Maintain an average quality audit score of 94% or higher across all items audited; including but not limited to calls, processing, and correspondence.
- Participate in team/department/company educational opportunites as appropriate. Learn new tools and procedures implemented for the team/department.
- Comply with company, department and team guidelines regarding confidentiality and privacy including the GLB Privacy Act, HIPAA, & other state and federal guidelines for privacy. Uphold organizational standards and core values.
- As assigned by management, handle other duties and projects.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, professionally and empathetically with excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of insurance contracts, procedures, and customer service philosophies.
- Ability to learn and effectively use multiple computer systems, phones, and other technologies simultaneously.
- Ability to support a service culture through great quality and efficiency, even when work volume is high.
- Requires attention to detail and a sincere commitment to servicing the agents, policyholders, co-workers and other home office personnel.
- Ability to empathize with, actively listen to, deal sensitively and professionally with customers and agents.
- Work independently displaying good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Ability to adhere to work schedule demands and requirements.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Education and/or Experience This section describes the minimum level of education and/or experience needed to successfully accomplish the essential duties of this job.
- Minimum of one year of work experience, including phone work in a fast paced service driven environment. High school diploma/GED required; Associates Degree or higher preferred. Proficieny in Microsoft Office applications, web based applications and data entry is required.
- Previous successful work experience in a position requiring attention to detail and organizational skills in a multi-tasking role is required. Minimum typing speed of 35 wpm is required.
- Knowledge of the Insurance industry, AML and KYC guidlines preferred. Bilingual speaking proficiency in Spanish desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be able to manage time effectively. Must demonstrate a willingness to maintain and develop knowledge of products, procedures and practices necessary to successfully perform the duties of the job.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended period of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR1220-18 when applying.