Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Senior Programmer Analyst for our Roanoke, VA or New York, NY office. Under limited supervision, uses expert knowledge and skills obtained through education, experience and/or specialized training to analyze system requirements, write complete program specifications and design, develop, code, test, and document programs. Leads the work of others and projects of significant scope and complexity. Resolves escalated issues and problems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact finding to develop or make modifications in complex heterogeneous information systems environments. Prepares detailed specifications. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, implements, documents and maintains complex software programs. Creates efficient, structured, and logical program code.
- Evaluates new and emerging technologies to solve business problems. Acts as a resource to junior staff members, frequently providing advice and guidance on day-to-day activities. Leads in the development of programming standards.
- Possesses broad, in-depth knowledge of data management methodologies and is responsible for one or multiple systems or subsystems. Possesses thorough knowledge of business systems to support user initiatives.
- Possesses strong technical and/or analysis skills as well as good fundamental understanding of insurance and insurance practices. Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to insurance and relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Stays abreast of annual key plan initiatives and updates to those initiatives. Solicits input from ISS management and/or project stakeholders in how this role can support the completion of these critical deliverables. Assure the timely completion of assigned tasks related to these initiatives within estimated costs while satisfying customer deliverables.
- Develops project plans with target dates and assures timely development and implementation of systems projects within estimated timeframe and costs. Ability to perform large scale project management.
- Collaborates with user representatives and vendors to gain a comprehensive understanding of necessary changes to systems. Interfaces with user management regarding project status and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Maintain 24 hour availability as needed.
- BS or equivalent in Information Systems, Engineering, or related field required
- Strong knowledge in RPG/400, RPG/IV and RPG/ILE programming
- Strong knowledge of CL programming, Query/400, and SQL/400
- Knowledge of tools used for cross systems data exchange such as FTP, Client Access PC Transfer
- Knowledge of IFS and interacting with IFS using CL programs
- Knowledge with iSeries programmer tools (DFU, SDA, SEU, PDM, RLU etc.)
- Knowledge of Object oriented design with Core Java, J2EE and Eclipse IDE preferred
- Knowledge of Web Services (WSDL, SOAP), XML, XSLT and HTML preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision., Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and reference Job #1120-19.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job #1120-19.