Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Reinsurance and Product Specialist for our Roanoke, VA or New York, NY office. This position provides mortality risk support by administering the reinsurance process of Prosperity Life. The position will require attention to detail as the administrator of the day to day reinsurance activities. This will include reinsurance policy administration as well as supporting claims recovery. In addition, this person will need to handle month end reinsurance duties as well as assist in answering various internal and external inquiries.
In general, the person performs more complex tasks that are of a mathematical and/or higher level nature. Demonstrates independence in areas of problem solving and data verification. Responds to direct questions and problems. Prepares preliminary response for discussion with supervisor on more complex matters.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle all aspects of reinsurance administration on a daily basis.
- Supports claim recovery from reinsurance partners.
- Participates in and supports system upgrades as well as quality assurance on any system changes. Assists in testing, as necessary, of new products or upgrades to corporate software.
- Assists in the preparation of management reports.
- Assists in research related to internal and external partner’s questions/concerns.
- May be required to work extra hours, weekends and/or holidays in order to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency with corporate software, especially MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) and SQL & VBA.
- Performs technical calculations based upon established procedures in support of work/research.
- Demonstrates independence in compilation of data for analysis, maintenance of required databases and in preparation of required management reports for review by supervisor.
- Demonstrates an understanding of insurance products and terminology.
- Effectively uses company data files and administrative systems.
- Assists in other adhoc financial reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2 years of insurance and/or business experienced preferred in a role requiring actuarial analysis or mathematical business analysis
- Reinsurance experience preferred.
- TAI knowledge preferred.
- First 3 LOMA courses towards ARA Designation preferred.
- Knowledge of the following helpful:
- Life insurance products and forms
- Reinsurance processes
- Claims processing
- Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Communicate effectively with others in a work environment and with the public (e.g. members, government organizations, insurance bureaus, trade associations, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access) is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision., This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job #1115-19.