Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking a Annuity New Business Manager for its Roanoke, VA office. This position oversees the annuity new business function, from data entry though contract issue.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a knowledge of the company annuity products, both qualified and non-qualified, and function as an internal product resource for questions related to current product offerings.
- Interact with team members, as well as sales agents, product distributors, heads of distribution, and company executives. Handle escalated requests.
- Manage the performance of the team by effectively coaching and providing day-to-day feedback. Mentor team members and provide training.
- Document/maintain procedures related to processing new business transactions. Look to constantly improve business processes through automation and process redesign.
- Manage the flow of new paper and electronic applications to completion and ensure that resources are properly aligned to meet customer expectations. Ensure compliance with new business replacement and exchange processing. Monitor transactions against key controls such as AML, OFAC, and Know-Your-Customer. Ensure timely follow-up with replacing insurance carriers.
- Manage the follow-up process with agents when applications are not in good order (NIGO). Look to constantly improve processes, recommend training, and provide expertise and ideas for reducing NIGO applications.
- Ensure proper coverage is maintained for handling incoming new business related calls and emails received from agents.
- Set and maintain processing standards for the team and report on actual business results against those standards. Organize the scheduling of team responsibilities to ensure that processing standards are met.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience and Skills
- The position requires experience in working with annuity products and managing insurance back-office operations
- Experience with insurance administrative systems and with point-of-sale technologies such as iPipeline and AnnuityNet
- Track record of setting and meeting production standards in an insurance back-office environment
- Experience with implementing workflow and process improvements
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative and seeks and encourages others to implement new solutions to operational challenges
- Ability to assimilate data and create reports, presentations, and workflow diagrams, utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Query, and other tools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively interact/interface with external parties – agents, distributors, customers, and vendors
- Tactful and professional, with the ability to influence others
- Ability to influence critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively problem solve
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job #0619-20.