Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Legal Compliance Specialist for our office in Roanoke, VA. This position assists the Deputy General Counsel with providing regulatory compliance support to all corporate departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with on-going monitoring of the compliance program to ensure compliance with current state and federal legal and regulatory requirements applicable to the business of the Prosperity Life Group insurer entities.
- Assists with research, review and analysis of regulatory requirements which affect the Group’s products and operations.
- Performs tasks as assigned related to obtaining and tracking necessary state regulatory approvals of products and associated forms, rates and advertising materials with the state insurance departments.
- Provides support as directed, for the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance procedures, including the development of new and revised administrative forms.
- Assists in the preparation of compliance certifications and reports required by state and federal agencies.
- Assists with responses to state market conduct examinations, compliance initiatives and other special projects.
- Assists with reviewing proposed marketing materials for accuracy and compliance with state regulatory requirements.
- Updates and maintains compliance databases, charts and files.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have at least a Bachelor's degree and two or more years of work experience. Experience with the insurance industry or regulatory compliance is preferred.
Communication and Language Skills
The job requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate requirements within the organization and draft reports and correspondence. Must be able to work in a team with other members of the Legal department.
Basic math skills are required.
The job requires the ability to analyze legal requirements and data, develop alternative solutions, and apply specific resources or techniques to solve problems.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Other Skills and Abilities
Must be detailed oriented, have the ability to meet dynamic needs and workflow, and have the ability and discretion to handle confidential and sensitive information. Must also have the ability to perform tasks independently while knowing when to inform or request input from department attorneys.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Remote positions may be considered, so long as the individual is willing to travel to the Roanoke, VA office on a regular basis.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected] and reference Job #0117-20.