Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire an Investment Accounting Analyst for our Roanoke, VA office. While working in a team environment, this position will assist the company’s finance and investment departments providing analytical and decision-making support for the company’s investment portfolio. In addition, the position will cross-train and will provide backup support for the company’s investment accounting function.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to the company’s investment accounting department on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the types of investments utilized within the company’s investment portfolios.
- Serve as a shared resource for the company’s CFO and VP, Investments.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for senior management, the Investment Committee, the Boards of Directors, and regulatory and credit rating agencies.
- Assist with the analysis and documentation of other-than-temporary impairments within the investment portfolio on a quarterly basis.
- Serve as a back-up for the company’s investment accounting function.
- Develop a general knowledge of investment accounting principles and practices for statutory, GAAP and tax accounting bases.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of two years of experience in a life insurance company investment accounting or analyst role or equivalent experience.
- CPA or CFA Charterholder preferred but not required.
- Ability to use mathematical, financial, and statistical concepts to design or develop complex financial or statistical models or reports.
- Ability to read and interpret financial statements and other types of financial data and come to reasonable conclusions;
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques;
- Understanding of and ability to apply fixed income investing concepts;
- Basic understanding of risk concepts and ability to apply statistical and risk analytic frameworks.
- Proficiency is required in the complete suite of Microsoft Office Products, especially Excel. Prior experience with Bloomberg Analytics and BondEdge Solutions’ BondEdge system is also preferred.
Prosperity Service Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected]. reference HR Job #0522-17.