Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire a Commission Accountant for our New York, NY office. This position oversees the day-to-day operations of commission accounting, inclusive of all commission payment processing for agents and Independent Marketing Organizations across multiple distribution channels. The role requires significant interaction with a vendor that facilitates the calculation and processing of commission payments, as well as Prosperity’s Finance, Legal, Marketing and IT departments.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee the processing of all commission payments on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Assist in creating and updating policies and procedures surrounding commission processing.
- Assist in the testing of commission calculations associated with the introduction of new products.
- Review and approve agents annual 1099 commission reporting.
- Work directly with agents and the third-party vendor to resolve commission questions and/or discrepancies.
- Reconcile commission payments to general ledger. Research and correct variances as necessary.
- Assist in designing commission reports and work with IT and the third-party vendor to implement.
- Work closely with the Agent Contracting and Licensing Department to ensure that agents’ commission schedules are accurately input in the commission operating system.
- Create, analyze, and maintain debit balance reporting for senior management.
- Coordinate outstanding debit balance collection with agents as needed.
- Facilitate the flow of debit balance payments.
- Responsible for all correspondence surrounding termination, demand notices, and debit balance notifications.
- Research and clear stale dated commission checks on quarterly basis.
Education and/or Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Prior sales and/or business experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong desire to help others
- Ability to effectively interact/interface with external parties – agents, distributors, and vendors
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job #0907-19