Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire an Annuity Specialist for our Roanoke, VA office. This position is responsible for performing the day to day activities with regard to the processing of annuity applications and inforce annuity transactions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support sales force, clients, and internal partners with all parts of the annuity life-cycle.
- Consistently meet production metrics and customer service expectations.
- Mitigate risk by adhering to company policies, asking questions, and escalating appropriately.
- Process New Business applications and respond to inquiries regarding pending applications in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Process financial and non-financial inforce transactions in accordance with department policy.
- Review new business, 1035 exchanges, qualified transfers and replacements transactions for product and KYC suitability.
- Process applications and corresponding paperwork. Document any outstanding requirements. Apply premium and issue contracts.
- Document and process outstanding requirements in a timely manner to ensure that policies get issued as quickly as possible. Communicate and partner with other insurance carriers to facilitate transfers, rollovers, and 1035 exchanges.
- Examine imaged documents, policy pages, and/or related documents for completeness and adherence to company policies, compliance requirements and state regulations.
- Review transactions and personal work for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide professional, high level, customer service, to both customers and sales agents, via telephone (inbound and outbound), e-mail, and/or written communication.
- Take ownership of requests. Ensure requests are resolved within the designated service level. Communicate and document the results.
- Engage management for items outside scope of authority. Engage team members for items outside scope of knowledge.
- May be assigned other duties as required to support organizational goals and objectives.
Education and/or Experience and Skills
- Minimum of one-year financial industry, life insurance, or annuity experience preferred
- 2 years customer service preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Interact effectively in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to frequent change
- Ability to take ownership of situations and bring them to a resolution
- Strong problem solving skills
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficient use of PC and Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work periodic overtime, sometimes with relatively short notice
- Ability to quickly learn and work in the Company policy administration and support systems, including LSP, document repositories, image/workflow, spreadsheet tools, and agent portals
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To apply, send resume to [email protected] reference HR Job #0311-20.