Prosperity Service Group, LLC is seeking to hire an Accounting Assistant I to perform general accounting functions out of our Roanoke, Virginia office. Primary responsibilities include daily/monthly bank reconciliations, reconciling general ledger cash accounts to bank statement, and booking journal entries and wire transactions to the general ledger.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required. A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from a four year college, or equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years’ experience is required. Qualified candidates must possess strong analytical skills, be detail-oriented, have the ability to take initiative and multi-task. Incumbent will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels inside and outside of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assisting with month-end and year-end close processing
- Identifying exceptions in accounting system and insurance administrative system accounting cycles
- Working with other departments to resolve problems
- Preparing certain schedules for the companies’ annual and quarterly reports
- Assist in the testing and/or design of new accounting systems, enhancements and releases
- Involved in special projects within the Finance department
Prosperity Service Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] and reference Finance #0524-17.